Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010. Hello 2011!!

So I decided to kick the new year off with a blog--Mainly for you Tar in case we don't talk enough ;). 
The best thing that happened this year was obviously Gabby :)

Wow pregnancy...I actually enjoyed it at this point. It only lasted for about 2 months though before the shrek feet, sleepless nights, using the bathroom all the time, etc. began.
 But she came!!! Exactly 1 day after my due date. Trust me my due date was by far the longest 24 hours of my life. After 3 weeks of contractions and false alarms my midwife and I decided to break my water and she came 4 hours later!
 And life begins!! Wow what a blessing a child is. It is the greatest reward and the greatest challenge all at the same time. Life is no longer about yourself....ever. Unless Nana takes her for a couple hours and it's me time. LOL She has definitely brought David and I closer together in our marriage. I must say Gabby has the best daddy in the world--maybe not so much in the middle of the night but luckily we've been sleeping through the night for awhile :)

 First bath!!!
 My princess a week old. She looks so peaceful and sweet, but I'm telling you she was so traumatized this day. This was during the difficult time. Being sleep deprived, not recognizing what each little cry meant, nursing for 30 minutes on each side just to do it again 40 minutes later, not being able to sit down without being in pain from recovery, forgetting my spray bottle when we went out--you mom's know the panic I had when that happened ;)
She definitely rocked my world when it came to ministry. Being completely honest it was extremely difficult for me to balance my ministry to our students through worship and my ministry to my daughter. There were times worship lasted about 10 minutes because I couldn't stand to hear my baby girl screaming as one of the youth took her out of the room. Not only was it an adjustment while leading worship but I am used to spending hours by myself at home playing my piano and worshipping. Not exactly the "holy moment" when your trying to enter into the presence of the Lord with a crying baby. She likes when I play now and a lot of the time it will lull her to sleep, but it's still something we are getting used to.
 I have the best little traveler!! Yes we cry and sometimes squall, but after we drove 22 hours in a 48 hour time span to visit David's dad who had a heart attack--I knew I was BLESSED with this child.
 She is already 6 months old, sitting up, eating cereal and fruit, observing everything and everyone. And as of last night has a new favorite word-- da da. I am thrilled that she said it, but a little sad that we are attached to the hip 24/7 practicing "ma ma" all the time and she says....da da. LOL.
 Our life is not perfect by any means, but I can honestly say I am soo happy with my little family. David is the greatest love I have ever known and Gabby is our greatest joy. She is so happy all the time.


Now the worst thing that happened this year...my best friend and older sister moved across the country to Washington state with my only nephew and brother in law :( I know families are close, but we were closer than close. Tara, Josh, and P had just moved to Gardner literally 2 minutes away from us. We were soo excited about Pres and Gabby growing up together, and getting used to seeing each other every day since we were both stay at home moms. And then Josh lost his job and got a job offer in Washington. I know it was the best thing for them, but it was so hard to see them go :( It has been 3 months since we've all been together and in 6 days we will all be together again!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! 
 He is going to be sooo excited to see his cousin!!! He loves her so much!
 Sisters! Can't wait to take another trio pic!! :)
 I love this!!!
 One of their last days together. Tara and I trying to take cute pics of them together. However neither of them were in the mood to take pictures so this is the best we got! LOL
Pretty sure she can't wait to get her hands on her again. :)

Happy New Year!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love you so much!! I can't wait to hug you and Gabs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete